Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Updates updates!

Oooo.. I haven't been updating my blog diligently. I'll upload some photos and videos over the past month soon.

Here's some updates on my development so far.

I had my last checkup on 10th Oct 2009 during my Chicken Pox vaccine. My weight was in the 10th percentile. As of yesterday, I am 9.9kg only. Got to pump up more!

Speech
I can communicate much better now. Can speak simple sentences with 3-4 words, mostly in Chinese though, with some English and Hokkien combined. Hehe! My favourite hokkien word is Mai! Same for English "I don't want!" My favourite Chinese phrase should be "去看去看" or "抱抱"!

Alphabets
I can recognise and pronounce all the upper case letters now, though sometimes will get a few letters mixed up. Mummy and Daddy haven't start teaching me lower case letters yet as they do not want to confuse me.

From my ABC poster, I know A for Apple, B for Banana, C for Car, D for drum (gets it wrong most of the time), E for Elephant, F for Fish, G for guitar (not so familiar yet), H for Hat, J for Jacket.. think that's about all?

Numbers
I can count from 1-14 in English now. Mummy got to say 15, 17, 19 then I'll fill in the gaps all the way to 20. I can count to 10 in Chinese too, but Mummy gotta say every alternate number and I'll continue. Hehe! Well, I don't really count, it's more like reciting.. because if Mummy shows me 2 balls.. I'll count 1,2,3,4,5.. .etc too. Haha!

I can recognise the numbers 1-11. I'm still practicing on 12. :)

Shapes
I can recognise shapes like square, circle, triangle, heart, oval, star, rectangle (Mummy just taught me yesterday.. not very familiar yet). I like to spot the shapes on everyday things like Mummy's skirt, my pillow case, the lift buttons.. and practically everywhere! I like showing off huh? ;)

Colours
Mummy is not sure if I can really recognise the colours. But I can pass Mummy balls of the correct colour when she asks for it around 80% of the time. Colours like red, blue, green, purple, orange and yellow seems ok. But if people ask me what is the colour of something, I'll reply "blue colour" or "red colour" everytime! Haha!

There's once when I was playing with my xylophone, and I pointed to the purple colour bar and said "Barney colour". Because Mummy told me that Barney is purple colour. Now when Daddy makes milk for me, I will request for the "Barney" can instead (pedisure milk powder has a purple lid). :p

Drawing
Still can't draw anything decent yet. This is my best masterpiece so far. I was trying to draw FISH! Nice?

No comments: