Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, May 25, 2009

Your baby can read!

I've been watching "Your Baby Can Read" vcds for several months now. This set of vcds is supposed to teach babies like me to read. And I've been surprising Mummy and Daddy recently with the number of "words" I can recognize!

For a start, since several months ago, whenever I see the word "nose", "mouth" and/or "toes", I will show the "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" hand-sign. Because that's the song that will be played after these words. The same goes for the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" song after that. Hehe!

Then last weekend, I did the most amazing thing! Mummy was feeding me, back facing the tv. Then I said the word "BA-BEE" (baby) just before the tv said baby. (Usually, the vcd will show the word first, then pronounced it). Mummy and Daddy were amazed! So to test it out, Daddy play back that scene.... then, guess what happened? I said "BABY" even before the word came out! Hahahaha! In fact, I have superb memory! I can memorize the scenes in the vcd and the words that appear after those scenes. Hahahaha!

Besides "baby", I can recognize "clap" and "toes" too. I will clap my hands when the tv shows "clap" even before the sound come. Same for "toes", I will lift my foot up to show my toes when I see the word.

In fact, I can memorize many many other stuff! Like what song goes next in my other vcds or cds. I will do some actions or say some words related to the next song, just before it plays. Like there's a song about cars, I will say "CAR" as soon as the previous song finishes. Amazing memory right? ;)

No comments: